So many people have requested the Toyota Land
Cruiser Prado 150 ever since they were released and here we finally have
one. Sorry about the delay there are just so many requests out there!
Click Any Photo To Enlarge Or Open Photo Album.
Sorry, Does NOT work on mobile phone.
This one featured in Episode 68 of Modified I’m very familiar with, Chris the owner and his son have joined us on quite a few tag along tours, many stories have been traded at the neatly thought out setup on the rear of the 150 Prado along with a few beers and whiskeys.
We talked about featuring this Toyota Prado 150 for about 2 years. Well here it is 5 years in the making Chris has got this 150 Prado at a very satisfying state and would tick most 4 wheelers boxes especially other Prado owners. From the top to the bottom, front to back every cool mod is utilised in some shape of form.
Enjoy the video and have the note pad at the ready!
Vehicles Specs (NOTE* Mod details below):
Make model: Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 150 GXL (Facelift)
Engine: 1KD-FTV 3.0L Diesel 127kW 410N-m
Drive train: 5 Speed Auto
Suspension: Bilstein Shocks & Dobinson Springs, Poly Airbags
· Safari Snorkel SS188HF
· Steinbauer 220101 Performance Module
· Transmission Cooler
· Diesel Care Secondary Fuel Filter
· ARB Diff Breather Kit
· Electronic Rust Protection CAT III System
· Straight Through CAT Exhaust.
Dual Battery System & Electric upgrades:
· ARB CKMA12 x 2 Air Compressors (Under Bonnet & Internal Mount).
· Redarc BCDC1225
· Redarc SB112 (Jump Start Switch)
· Optima D27F MAIN
· Optima D34 AUX
· Waeco 44ah Battery Box AUX(2)
· Wurton 36inch LED Lightbar 18000 Lumens Combo Bar 10Watt 20LED
· IPF HID 900 Extreme 35W Pencil & Spot
· Lightforce 20inch LED LightBar 11200 Lumens Combo 5Watt
· Lightforce ROK20 Camp Lights x 6
· Wurton Pod Lights x 6
· LED Disco Lights
Comms & GPS:
· GME TX3540S UHF CB
· GME AE4705B UHF H/D Radome 6.6dBi
· RFI CDQ7194 4G LTE Cellular Mobile 698-2700MHz
· Strike Alpha Phone Cradle
· GME TX6150
· GME MT410G
· Inmarsat Sat Phone
· Hema HN7
· Hema Explorer
· Rear View Camera
· Navman MiVue 700 Dashcam
· Scanguage II
· Redarc Gauge EGT & Boost G52-BEP
· Doran RV - Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
· Redarc Tow Pro
Suspension and tyres:
· GVM Upgrade - 3500KG
· Dobinson Front & Rear Springs 200kg-300kg Constant Load
· B6 Offroad BILSTEIN STRUTS
· B6 Offroad BILSTEIN SHOCKS
· POLY Airbag Kit
· Compliance Plate
· ARB Rear Air Locker
· ARB Front Air Locker
· Brakes DBA T3 Rotors Xtreme Peformance Pads
· Wheels - Dynamic 18x8 0 Offset Imitation Beadlock
· Tyres - Cooper ST MAXX LT 275/70/17
Bar work and exterior mods:
· ARB Deluxe Bull Bar
· ARB Side Steps
· ARB Side Rails
· Roadsafe Recovery Points
· Kaymar Rear Bar & Dual Rear Wheel Carrier
· ARB UVP Prado 5421100
· KAON Transfer Case Guard
· KAON Fuel Tank Guard
· KAON Rear Shock Guards
· Long Range Automotive 136L TLCP150RR - Long Range Fuel Tank (Total 223 Litre Capacity).
· WARN ZEON 10S (10,000lb) - Synthetic Rope
Back of the wagon:
· Solar Screens
· Engel MT45FCP 40Litre Combi Fridge
· Drifta Drawers
· Drifta DCB Kitchen
· Kaon Rear Door Table
· Travel Buddy Oven
· Plasweld Rear Window Protector
· Front Runner BBQ Plate
· HiLift HL485 48"
· Electrics Panel
· First Aid Kit
· Engel Water Tank 60Litre
· MSA Canvas Seat Covers
· ARB Alloy Roof Rack
· Quick Pitch Ensuite
· Drifta 270 Awning
· Raptor Racks
· Solar Panel
· Sand Flag
· Fire Extinguishers x 2.
· ARB Deluxe Recovery Kit
· Maxtrax x 4
• Lap of Australia (Highlights: Fraser Island & Boodjamulla (Lawn Hill) National Park to name a few)
• Dirk Hartog Island
• Israelite Bay “Tag A Long” (Point Culver, Bilbunya Dunes & Twilight Cove)
Unstoppable moment in the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 150:
Going too fast over Indian Head (Fraser Island) bottoming out a few times and thinking I have cracked the radiator……… (Luckily All Good)
Most scary situation in the Toyota Prado 150:
Dirk Hartog Island, a mate decided to head off and take the road least travelled, ended up getting stuck in the middle of a clay pan late in the day and it starting raining. He finally got to higher ground and got in touch.
We were there for a number of hours trying to get him out, second vehicle got stuck and I was the last of the three. Ended up using the trusty WARN winch and sitting on some Maxtrax slowly pulling them out.
Burnsie’s modification tips:
Research…Research….Research, heaps of places and reviews out there for most vehicles and make sure it is legal, it is getting tougher to fit stuff these days.
Things to lookout for with this model Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 150:
· Cracked Wheel Guards – Usually if you put a large heavy battery in, and also not fit a suitable battery tray for this AUX battery spot
· With the 3.0 litre Diesel it is known to have injector problems between the 100K and 150K there have been a few that have had some grief, get them check often after 100K service.
· Happened three times now, I have cut/torn/pulled my rear ABS sensor cable on 4WD trips, which means no changing between High and Low range and also you are stuck in what you were driving. The last two times I have been able to fit the damage and mend it on the move.
Top 3 tips with the Toyota Prado 150:
1. Needs a lift and bigger AT or MT tyres for off-road use
2. Even with the lift the rear diff sits fairly low so watch out for those diff smashers.
3. A lot of these are school buses and are never taken off-road, so do your research and you will be able to pick up a good one with low km’s to get out in bush or sand wherever you wanna go.