Eyles and his 2008 Nissan Patrol, from ‘Built Not Bought’ is our featured guest on
Modified, on his heavily modified GU Patrol series 4, the only bits left stock
are the shell/body and the gear box, the rest has changed in one way or
Sam Eyles has done most of the work himself 98% I’d say from watching his channel hence the Built Not Bought theme.
Click Any Photo To Enlarge Or Open Photo Album.
Sorry, Does NOT work on mobile phone.
There are plenty of great ideas on and around this LS V8 patrol and we dive right into detail on every single part of this build, especially the engine and suspension.
Get your notepad out and start jotting down ladies and gents.
Vehicles Specs (NOTE* Mod details below):
Make model: Nissan Patrol
Engine: L98 6L V8
Drive train: Nissan Manual
Suspension: 4 inch lift
· L98 6L V8, Harrop 2300 supercharger, 465Hp / 870Nm
· Electric upgrades: Custom wiring panel behind seats and in canopy
· Lights: Stedi lights bar, spotties, rock lights and aux lights
Comms & GPS:
· Uniden UHF
· Built in iPad with Hema maps
Suspension and tyres:
· 4-inch lift, Dobinson coils, Kings 2.5 Res shocks, Superior Engineering Arms, Airbag Man in rear,
Bar work and exterior mods:
· Custom built tray, Modified bull bar
Back of the wagon:
· Homemade canopy with 3rd battery, solar, fridge, freezer, drawers etc
· Rear drawer under tray full of recovery gear
• Cape York 2016
• Fraser Island 2016
• Karijini 2018
Most scary situation in the 2008 Nissan Patrol:
Bogged in Jardine river with water flowing inside
Sam's’s modification tips:
· Do It Yourself! Then you know how to fix it if things go wrong.
Things to lookout for with this model Nissan Patrol:
If you are going to LS convert a Patrol, start with a 3L as the engine mounts will bolt in an oppose to re-welding to the chassis.
Top 3 tips with the 2008 Nissan Patrol:
1. Try and keep the weight as forward as possible over the rear axle when designing what goes in the back.
2. If you are trying to decide what locker to get, start with the front locker as the rear in a Patrol is LSD (limited slip diff) and very capable off road.
3. Auto LS conversion, use the Holden auto. Manual LS conversion, use the Nissan manual.
To reach Sam Eyles see these links: