Land Rover Discovery 1 on modified!
Many have been asking since the first 10 episodes were made and now we are at modified episode 56! And still we have a make and model not yet featured on modified the Disco 1.
This puts into prospective how many different vehicles there are out there in the 4 Wheeling world!
Click Any Photo To Enlarge Or Open Photo Album.
Sorry, Does NOT work on mobile phone.
This Land Rover Discovery is owned and modified by Josh.
There is a lot of DIY stuff on this rig from electrics to the rear drawer/layout.
Impressive and well thought-out water system too, with two separate water containers with one of them being removable in case of emergency.
This episode is a bit of a budget build but I tell you what its more useful than some of the huge expensive builds I’ve seen.
Check out the video for more details…
Vehicles specs (NOTE* modded details below):
Make model: 1996 Land rover Discovery 1
Engine: 300TDI 2.5L
Drive train: 5 Speed manual
Suspension: 2 Inch HD lift coils front and rear
· 300TDI 2.5L turbo diesel and manual 5 speed gearbox
· Second fuel filter
· Aftermarket cruise control
· Tuff Terrain Snorkel
· Epman EGT probe
· Boost gauge
· Low coolant warning alarm
· Upgraded main cranking battery 720 CCA century battery
· Second 75Ah deep cycle century battery under the bonnet with VSR battery isolator
· Third 130Ah AGM battery with Projecta 25A BCDC charger in the rear
· Brighter upgraded headlight globes
· Light bar on the bullbar
· 2 work lights each side on the rack
· Rear door kitchen downlights lights
· Interior LED strip red and white
Comms & GPS:
· Hardwire converted handheld 80 channel Uniden UHF radio + battery powered handheld UHF
· RAM mounts phone cradle
Suspension and tyres:
· Summer tyres 245/70R16 Bridgestone dueller A/T
· Winter tyres 265/75R16 Achilles desert hawk XMT
· 2 inch HD lift terrafirma 4x4
· Front springs 100kg additional load
· Rear springs 300kg additional load
· Nitrogen charged shocks with +2” of additional travel
· Caster correction bushes in front radius arms
· 2” extended braided brake lines
Bar work and exterior mods:
· ARB deluxe winch bar
· Full length aluminium roof basket
· Prorack roof bars
· 270 degree OzE4x4 awning
· Trimmed wheel arches
Back of the wagon.
· Waeco 50L Fridge
· 300L/Min Fixed air compressor with outlet on rear bumper
· Fire extinguisher
· Double bed frame built for mattress to sleep inside the car
· Double extending pull out kitchen/stove bench with drawers and cupboard
· Dual 22L water tanks with pressure pump and filter with 1 removable
· Filtered and high flow unfiltered outlet at rear bumper
· Removable storage compartment for tools, spares and other misc. behind the fridge
· Interior mods
· Slim line subwoofer
· Upgraded Bluetooth head unit
· Upgraded speakers
· Custom switch console for lights and accessories
· EGT gauge
· Boost gauge
· Ridge rider 12000 Lbs winch
· Rear hitch shackle receiver
· Snatch strap
· Equaliser strap
Unstoppable moment in the Land Rover:
Pushing through overgrown tracks to remote locations without having to worry about scratching the paint
Most scary situation in the Land Rover:
Turning around on a narrow cliff side track in collie because I couldn’t reverse back down and I couldn’t get up as it was a stock Discovery without a winch. At least the view was nice.
Things to lookout for with this model Land Rover Discovery 1:
Rust in the foot wells
Poor maintenance history
Worn out viscous fan hub causing overheating, happened to both of mine, V8 and TDI.
Top 3 tips with the Land Rover Discovery 1:
1. Let your tyres down
2. Don’t overload the roof
3. Learn how to service it yourself